I’m pleased to start offering prints for sale. I’ve had a few people inquire about buying some photos, after doing the book, Enjoy Detroit. I do have a lot of photography from Detroit and so many makes awesome wall art for your house or office. Contact me and we can talk about what you may be looking for, either black & white or color prints and size.
All images are authentic and can be blown up to ANY size. I have not uploaded all my images, so, if you don’t see something in my library, please ask I might have it.
I have a new printer contact that will print BIG images, panoramic sizes up to 40.75″x72″. They also offer different photo finishes and for extra costs will do canvas mounted prints.
Which one do you want?? Browse through my FLICKR PHOTOS, pick out an image to print or ask me about something you are looking for.
Hot chocolate anyone!?! On this photo Friday I felt it was fitting to splash around some hot chocolate for everyone. Last night it got down -6 degrees, way to cold. This is my identical looking Nikon travel mug lens, I love these mugs. They are really fun to use and fake people out thats you are drinking from a real lens.
One..Two..Three…Go! There is the captured splash from a Cherry Cordial on my snowy balcony. These are fun photo shoots but be prepared for a messy splash.
This year as been an incredible year for launching and rebuilding. Lots of changes and LOTS of growing! With all the moving forward, I thought it would be a great idea to highlight some of the changes and reflect.
1. WEBSITE LAUNCH – This was my first year for launching my very own website. In the past I have used other sites to display my work and experiences. For starting my own freelance business, earlier in the year I launched my own website. I also just did an update for the new year.
CLICK HERE to read about it
2. IDSA CONFERENCE – I had an opportunity to attend my very first IDSA conference in Grand Rapids, MI. I learned SO much and was very inspired! Plus, it was for a weekend and my friend Theresa and we had a blast. Read more HERE
3. ENGAGEMENT – Yes, I’m engaged! How exciting is that!! Of course we are trying to save our money for a wedding, so no big wedding plans yet. There are some thoughts in place but nothing official. All I can say is he is the BEST guy. Read more about the story HERE
4. ENJOY DETROIT – So excited about doing this book. I can’t thank Erin enough for sharing the same crazy ideas. Putting the book together took half the year, it was literally the first time for me to go out and photograph all the places. It was intense photoshoots. I’ve taken photos in the city before but we were constantly in Detroit. It was my mission. We had so much fun! Read more HERE and visit ENJOY DETROIT
5. PHOTO HOUND – So new photo sessions that I started in the summer, photo hound. I LOVE animals, especially doggies. I had a few photoshoots with some special dogs including Jade, Teddy and Benny. Lea, my Husky gets her photo taken very often.
6. FUNDRAISER – I am so glad I was a part of this fundraiser. I thank Julie for inviting me to this special event. We held a Holiday vendor event in November for Lisa’s Hope. It was a HUGE success, sales from each vendor was donated to Lisa’s Hope. Thanks to everyone involved. Read more HERE
These are just some of the highlights. So, here’s to 2010 and I hope for an even better 2011. I hope to continue to inspire, create and be part of a community. I have to Thank everyone for the support and encouraging comments. This was a rebuilding year and had its historic highs and lows but I couldn’t go through it without the support from all my fellow buddies and family.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This was so much fun to photograph, its a pretty quick DIY. It’s the BEST time to try out bokeh, with all the christmas lights. I did these photos with a homemade lens cover made with black cardstock and a cut out snowflake. OR the shape punches are very handy for cutting out your shape, either stars, hearts and half-moons work really well.
Isn’t this the coolest ornament?!? I LOVE it! Mainly because my really good friend made this for me a few years back. I photographed it for the Bokeh project, including some other past projects that have been featured on the blog.
The lights that I used are LEDS and personally I think that the LEDS may not be the best choice for your background, although they do give a very unique effect. Just my opinion.. I can’t wait to experiment more with this effect, I plan do more over the holiday.
Check out these examples from Andrew Kelsall, they are awesome!
The preview is here and I wanted to share with you a little more up close on what’s inside. What do you think so far? Looking for a creative gift?? Check out ENJOY DETROIT / photo book. Its 60 pages full of photos from Comerica Park, Joe Louis Arena, Packard Plant and historic places that made Detroit so famous.
This weekend the book will be at the fundraiser event for Lisa’s Hope. If you are in the area stop by and check out Enjoy Detroit. Get a book or say hi!
For this photo Friday I wanted to post my fall shots of Lea and Jeremy. Last week we had a great time at a park in the suburbs of Chicago. Its awesome out there, I love it.
Lea LOVES going to the park. We try to take her a lot and fall is the best time to go for her because of the cool air. The colder the better for her.
I am a little late with this post on the blog. Have you seen the new website yet?
I really hope to keep the site up to date with current happenings and new photography.
It features all the photography done in Detroit from this year. Most of the photos are just a taste of what the book (Enjoy Detroit) has to offer. Also on the site there is a link to order the photo book. You can find the story behind the book on the website.
Blurb has a book preview on their site but I was thinking about giving a small feature soon. I see this book as a great coffee table piece, there are no stories in the book, its a picture book. Its an awesome for people who have had to leave the state and miss it so much! haha Seriously its a great size to have on your desk and just thumb through. It would be BEST gift for the holiday or birthday.
Another link added on the news & links page, assignment Detroit. Its a CNN special project on the city, with a ton of stories, photos and links on the people of the city.
Tell me what you think? I love to hear comments. Have you seen the site yet??
What do you think of the book preview??