Hi all. The blog has officially moved to my new site, both sites are now merged to one. I will not be posting here anymore.
I will be posting here:
Head over to new site!
I hope you decide to continue to follow my blog and the community. Let me know how you like the site.
Everyone needs a little inspiration. Check out WLWL
Here is a really inspirational online magazine that shares everything you like and love. What more inspiration could you ask for?? I love the concept behind the magazine – like what you love & share what you like. That is such a great reminder for everyday living, I thought so.
The main reasons why I share is to inspire. On the blog I try to share things that I think you would love, including creative inspiration for everyone. Sharing new things, inspiration, and creative ideas for the blogging community. I guess Im passionate about sharing inspiration. As well as receiving inspiration from others. Kinda cool right!?! Do you have inspiration you’re dying to share?? Comment up, I would love to see some inspiration being shared.
Lately owls have been a huge inspiration, I know they are very popular in todays trends but they keep popping up my life in unusual ways. At the start of the year I was shopping at a store in the local mall, just walking along and on accident I stepped onto something oddly shaped on the bottom of my boot. It was a pin stuck in the sole, an owl pin or earring, Jeremy and I was laughing because it came out of no where. I really had no idea if it was part of the stores merchandise or someone lost it, so, I left on one of the clothing tables and continued shopping in the store.
A few minutes later, the girls working at the store are laughing and we over hear them talking about finding the owl pin. One of the girls working had lost it earlier and went home for the day. They had her on the phone joking and saying it was magical, the owl flew up on the table and was just sitting there. It must have been very special to her because they called her to say they found it. I did enjoy listening their story and joke about how they found it. I wasn’t telling. haha
For an upcoming project I created some owl brushes in Photoshop to help with the inspiration process. I’m on the mission to photograph an owl in the wild. It might be a challenge. I use to have some owl photos from a few years ago and its sad to say they got lost during a computer transfer. On some nights while walking the dog, I can hear an owl in the near by woods, how cool is that??
Animal symbolism of the owl means, wisdom, foresight, and keeper of sacred knowledge. Have you ever seen an owl out in the wild?? Did you have any photos of owls? Comment and link up if you have any photos to share. I would love to see them.
You have to check out this site if you love DIY projects, my friend shared this link with me. It has awesome tutorials on many different topics. I love the inspiration on this site, had to pass it along!
Creating an inspiration board is a great place to start when building a brand identity, whether you are doing design for yourself or you are hired as the designer. Lately I have had to make choices on what should be an inspiration board. I have found out that making a list of what kind of images to include. Making an inspiration board should help you visualize and make choices along the way. These are just some tips I found helpful while building a brand identity.
These images could include; logo and branding examples, colors, type, patterns, and textures. Any items that represent the business. Searching through magazines that represent the desired style is a great starting point. Take some pictures or scan in the images for the board.
When you look at the board you should get a visual overview of your brand. Refer back to this creative board, when you revamp your website, building your logo, or adding new elements to your business.
This year as been an incredible year for launching and rebuilding. Lots of changes and LOTS of growing! With all the moving forward, I thought it would be a great idea to highlight some of the changes and reflect.
1. WEBSITE LAUNCH – This was my first year for launching my very own website. In the past I have used other sites to display my work and experiences. For starting my own freelance business, earlier in the year I launched my own website. I also just did an update for the new year.
CLICK HERE to read about it
2. IDSA CONFERENCE – I had an opportunity to attend my very first IDSA conference in Grand Rapids, MI. I learned SO much and was very inspired! Plus, it was for a weekend and my friend Theresa and we had a blast. Read more HERE
3. ENGAGEMENT – Yes, I’m engaged! How exciting is that!! Of course we are trying to save our money for a wedding, so no big wedding plans yet. There are some thoughts in place but nothing official. All I can say is he is the BEST guy. Read more about the story HERE
4. ENJOY DETROIT – So excited about doing this book. I can’t thank Erin enough for sharing the same crazy ideas. Putting the book together took half the year, it was literally the first time for me to go out and photograph all the places. It was intense photoshoots. I’ve taken photos in the city before but we were constantly in Detroit. It was my mission. We had so much fun! Read more HERE and visit ENJOY DETROIT
5. PHOTO HOUND – So new photo sessions that I started in the summer, photo hound. I LOVE animals, especially doggies. I had a few photoshoots with some special dogs including Jade, Teddy and Benny. Lea, my Husky gets her photo taken very often.
6. FUNDRAISER – I am so glad I was a part of this fundraiser. I thank Julie for inviting me to this special event. We held a Holiday vendor event in November for Lisa’s Hope. It was a HUGE success, sales from each vendor was donated to Lisa’s Hope. Thanks to everyone involved. Read more HERE
These are just some of the highlights. So, here’s to 2010 and I hope for an even better 2011. I hope to continue to inspire, create and be part of a community. I have to Thank everyone for the support and encouraging comments. This was a rebuilding year and had its historic highs and lows but I couldn’t go through it without the support from all my fellow buddies and family.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yes, the device that is suppose to be phone; is officially becoming more like a mini camera. haha I LOVE getting shots with my phone. These little lens are AWESOME, they are versatile with any phone and come as a fisheye & Macro lens. Im impressed with how well it takes pics.
Check out PHOTOJOJO
Isn’t this the most unique Xmas card?? We got this in the mail and was instantly inspired. They are an engraving company so the card speaks a lot about their company; great way to market your company! . I thought it was one of the prettiest cards and of course had to share it with you on the blog.
I LOVE this site Czar Press. They sent me these samples, they are an awesome paper company and I can’t wait to work with them. I have a few ideas in the making and might use these pretty papers in the future.